Friday, August 14, 2009

There's One on Every Team

I can typically find one person to like on every NHL team. Sometimes because they are hot (yes, I'm shallow like that), and sometimes because of how good they play. Then there are those few that make the list for both reasons. Shall we get started?

Anaheim Ducks
Teemu Selanne - Firstly, who doesn't love saying that name? Secondly and more importantly, the guy is a hell of a player. He's retiring after this year, and the NHL will miss him.
Runner Up: Scott Niedermayer

Atlanta Thrashers
Ilya Kovalchuk - A great player with a crappy team.

Boston Bruins
Marc Savard - I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about the team, so here's one of the ones that is only determined by hotness.

Buffalo Sabres
Ryan Miller - He was born in Michigan and likes dogs. 'Nuff said.

Calgary Flames
Staffan Kronwall - A Calder Cup winner, he should definitely earn his spot with the team this year. Besides, he's a Kronwall.
Runner Up: Dion Phaneuf

Carolina Hurricanes
Rod Brind'Amour - I remember back in the day when he played for the Flyers. I noticed him then.

Chicago Blackhawks
Patrick Sharp - Who doesn't like a 'Sharp' dressed man who likes to eat?
Runner Up: Adam Burish

Colorado Avalanche
Matt Duchene - Only since Joe Sakic retired.

Columbus Blue Jackets
Rick Nash - He's the only one I know.

Dallas Stars
Mike Modano - A classy guy.

Detroit Red Wings
Niklas Kronwall - Not only hotter than hell, but a great hitter. Opponents, keep your head up. You don't want to be Kronwalled.
Runner Up: Jonathan Ericsson & Johan Franzen

Edmonton Oilers
Sheldon Souray - I believe this may be the hottest man in all of the NHL.

Florida Panthers
As hard as I tried, I just couldn't find anyone to like.

Los Angeles Kings
Rob Scuderi - Yes, I picked a former Penguin. I would have picked Jarret Stoll, but he lost all my respect when he ditched his fiancee via email.

Minnesota Wild
Martin Havlat - Great player with a great attitude.
Runner Up: Niklas Backstrom

Montreal Canadiens
Kyle Chipchura - I just love his last name.

Nashville Predators
Shea Weber - I hear he's a pretty good player.

New Jersey Devils
Zach Parise - Who doesn't love Zach?
Runner Up: Martin Brodeur

New York Islanders
John Tavares - Can't go wrong with a #1 draft pick - usually.

New York Rangers
Henrik Lundqvist - He's the king.
Runner Up: Marian Gaborik

Ottawa Senators
Alex Kovalev - You have to respect everything this guy has done.
Runner Up: Jason Spezza

Philadelphia Flyers
As shocking as this may be, I couldn't find anyone here to like either. Plenty to hate though.

Pittsburgh Penguins
Kris Letang - Decent player, not bad to look at, and his love for Luc.

San Jose Sharks
Jonathan Cheechoo - I would have picked Jeremy Roenick, but yeah, you know. I love this last name though. I want to say 'God bless you' to him.

St. Louis Blues
Ty Conklin - I miss my Conks.

Tampa Bay Lightning
Victor Hedman - How Swede he is.
Runner Up: Vincent Lecavalier

Toronto Maple Leafs
Francois Beauchemin - I love saying his name. That is all.

Vancouver Canucks
Ryan Kesler - Great player, great guy, great father.
Runner Up: Kevin Bieksa & Mikael Samuelsson

Washington Capitals
Mike Green - He's hot. Yes, another one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment