Friday, August 28, 2009

Let's Get To It, Shall We?

I guess this is turning in to a weekly thing. I found myself actually keeping a list of topics this week. I'm sure I'll make an entirely superficial hot guys post later this weekend, but for now, it's all business.


1 - Henrik Lundqvist is a hottie, whether he's on or off the ice. My friends over at MSG.com have a great gallery of King Henrik that you may want to check out. There are some great pictures there, and they are all so good, I can't decide which is my favorite.

2 - Everyone (including me) has made their cracks about Chris Chelios being ancient, but that doesn't mean I don't like the guy or want him to succeed. If he wants to play, I say let the guy play. I want him to stay somewhere in the US, and not go to the KHL, and it looks like I may get my wish. Sounds like the Nashville Predators might be interested in Cheli.

3 - As much as I don't want Darren McCarty to disappear to the KHL either, if he needs the money and he's willing to go, I say go for it!

4 - Speaking of the KHL, it sounds like Huds is having some problems in getting approval from the IIHF to play in Russia. I don't know why they won't just let him alone. The NHL and the Red Wings aren't fighting it, so just let the guy play.

5 - Sounds like Lilja is starting to feel better too. Good for him. I don't want to see him forced into a medical retirement. Say what you want about the guy and his interesting adventures from a few years ago, but you never want to see a guy lose his career because of a fight.

6 - We're nearly two months removed from the Red Wings loss of Hossa and Kopecky to the Blackhawks. I was angry and upset in the beginning, but I've really come to respect those two now, especially Kopecky. I was watching their 'Meet the Blackhawks' press conference from the Blackhawks convention and I was impressed by their refusal to lead the fans in a 'Detroit Sucks' chant at the end of the hour. Kopecky was very respectful in his answer, and it restored my faith in them. I still luv ya, guys.

7 - I was going to talk about Todd Bertuzzi and how I feel about his signing with the Red Wings, but I think I'll make a separate post about that later this weekend.

8 - As most of you know, I know a bit of Swedish (not enough to hold an actual conversation where I make sense), but I was pleased to discover a hockey blog a few months back written by Marie Hallman, that deals with all things going on in the hockey world in Sweden. I use Google to translate it for me, and end up learning more about the Swedish players that we've come to love, and those that we've yet to meet here in the US. I really recommend checking it out.

9 - Just so everyone is clear, I'm proud of the USA and all the great players (Kelser, Rafi) we have, but in my heart when it comes to the Olympics, I'm Team Sweden all the way. I even own a Tre Kronors hoodie that I got from eBay.

10 - I don't know what's in the water lately here in Toledo, but Ovie is really growing on me. Someone help me, quick! I may end up going to therapy over this. Just to be clear, I mean as a hockey player, not a hockey hottie. That will NEVER happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment