Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Been a Long Time

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. Hopefully, I'll get back around to it more often. That being said, let's get started.

1 - Never again will I make predictions about a season again. The Canucks have a .500 average, and the Red Wings are even lower than that. Both teams should be better than they are with the talent they have, but something just isn't right with either of them, especially the Wings. Then again, the entire Western Conference is just very strange to look at. Colorado is in first place with 18 points; Calgary is in second with 15 points; and Los Angeles and Dallas are both tied for third with 14 points. I know it's still early, but it's crazy.

2 - I was at the bookstore the other day to pick up Theo Fleury's Playing with Fire and I also came across the Detroit Free Press' Forever Hockeytown book which is basically a book recapping the 2007-2008 season when the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup. It was an interesting read, but as most people know, I pick up on the little things that other people may not care about. Here are some of the best:

(a) According to Valtteri Filppula says Finns believe Santa comes from Finland, not the North Pole.

(b) Johan Franzen is known by his teammates as the go-to person when IKEA instructions need deciphering.

(c) When Mikael Samuelsson was on the team, he and Lils (Andreas Lilja) were best buds, and were so close in fact, that they went looking for houses in Novi together. They found houses that they liked - only 100 feet away from each other.

3 - So I was rewatching the SuperSkills Competition from the 2008 All Star Game weekend, and I have to say, I really liked the fact that Rick Depetrio and Manny Legace were miked up during the competition. I think they should allow this in regulation games as well.

4 - I was watching the Red Wings postgame show last night and all of a sudden there was a topless Todd Bertuzzi on the screen. That man is covered in tattoos. I'm still looking for a screencap of it, but if you haven't read my thoughts about Big Bert, feel free to check them out.

5 - Nik Kronwall and Chris Osgood don't like Ville Leino's hair.

6 - It's good to see Chris Chelios do well in his first game for the Chicago Wolves. His first big hit happens in the first few seconds of this video. I love Cheli, and I love the fact that he loves the game so much, he's willing to play for an AHL team and ride a bus to games.

7 - Do Kirk Maltby, Jonathan Ericsson, and Jimmy Howard believe in alien life? That would be a no, a yes, and a depends-on-how-you-classify-alien-life.

8 - This stupid Ovie commercial will NOT get out of my head. I'd like to share the wealth and have it get stuck in your head too.

9 - Jonathan Ericsson gives a Swedish lesson.

10 - Canucks video pocasts: always a laugh. What indicates the start of the regular season? Who would you invite to Thanksgiving dinner? What was the last thing you got in trouble for? What is your favorite scary movie?

11 - Have you seen the new official Red Wings wallpapers?

12 - I'm ashamed to say, this picture of Andrew Cogliano, Sheldon Souray, and Ethan Moreau is my current desktop wallpaper.

13 - My husband tells me I have hockey ADD. My teams are, and always will be, the Detroit Red Wings and the Vancouver Canucks, but I'm starting to like the Calgary Flames, the Edmonton Oilers, and the Atlanta Thrashers. I guess they are my 3-5 teams.

14 - I think Larry Murphy gets Botox treatments. Seriously.


Picture of the Week:
(I couldn't decide on one, so I had to post them both.)

No comments:

Post a Comment