Friday, July 17, 2009

Random Thoughts from Around the NHL

Let me preface this by saying these are just my opinions, and I'm sure not all would agree.

* Let Jiri Hudler go to the KHL. Do the Red Wings really need someone who could possibly be a malcontent on their team? Wouldn't you rather remove that possible attitude from the locker room?

* Marian Hossa was killing me during his press conference with Kopecky and Stan Bowman. I'm sure I'm just touchy about it, but was he really referring to Chicago as Hockeytown? There is only one Hockeytown. Someone needs to let him know that.

* Who would have thought Kopecky was more articulate than Hossa?

* Whatever you think of his reasons for opening up, you've got to hand it to Martin Havlat for speaking his mind. I like this guy.

* I can't stand Alexander Ovechkin. Almost as much as I can't stand Evgeni Malkin and Chris Pronger. Just thought you should know.

* My favorite Canucks are Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa, and Mikael Samuelsson.

* My favorite Red Wings are Jonathan Ericsson, Niklas Kronwall, Tomas Holmstrom, Johan Franzen, and Henrik Zetterberg. Hmm, do I spot a trend here?

* My father always swore we were related in some distant way to Scott Niedermayer, but I still don't believe him. I know it's not a common name, but we spell ours differently: Neidermyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment